The 12th International Forum for Sustainable Asia and the Pacific, ISAP2020, will be held online by the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) from 9 to 13 November and on 30 November 2020.
This year’s theme is “Just Transitions Toward Sustainable Societies in Asia and the Pacific: Building forward better for our future beyond COVID-19”. With the need for a swift response and recovery from COVID-19, as well as the chance to think about how we can redesign our societies and transform them to be more sustainable, resilient, just, and inclusive, ISAP2020 will showcase IGES’ position on current and future risks, and make a call for stronger partnerships with relevant stakeholders. The forum includes participation from front-line experts and diverse stakeholders from international organisations, governments, business and NGOs.
This year’s presentations will be framed in relation to the COVID-19 era, and include a just transition towards sustainable societies; strategies for waste management; decarbonisation and green recovery; collaborative learning and sustainable living; how businesses can strengthen SDG action; synergies between biodiversity, climate and the SDGs; promoting Japanese technology transfer to Asia, and supporting cities in the “Race to Zero Campaign”.
This year, all sessions will be available online for six days. Taking innovative approaches through the use of online tools, we aim to facilitate discussion among variety of stakeholders and reach a broader audience than ever before.
Theme of ISAP2020:
“Just Transitions Toward Sustainable Societies in Asia and the Pacific: Building forward better for our future beyond COVID-19”
- Richard Florizone, President and CEO, International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)
- Elizabeth Maruma Mrema, Executive Secretary, Convention on Biological Diversity
- Ajay Mathur, Director General, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
- Kung Phoak, Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community
- Youba Sokona, Professor, Senior Advisor for Sustainable Development at the South Centre, Vice-Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Filippo Veglio, Managing Director & Senior Management Team, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
- Kazuhiko Takeuchi, President of the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
|Date & Time||Thematic Tracks: 9 (Mon) – 13 (Fri) November 2020
Plenary Sessions: 10:30-17:30, 30 (Mon) November 2020
|Organisers||Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)|
|Languages||English / Japanese with simultaneous interpretation|
|Dedicated ISAP Website & Registration||https://isap.iges.or.jp/2020/en/index.html|
For more information please contact:
Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)