IGES Forest Governance e-learning videos series comprises two videos:
1) Nepal’s Community Forests: A story of good governance
2) A Quality Standard for Forest Governance:Demonstrating a practical and participatory approach to develop a Quality-of-Governance Standard
The series examines the importance of good governance for sustainable forest management.
- The story of Nepal’s four decades of community forest management.
- A case study on what constitutes quality forest governance.
- A project to develop a national standard for forest governance in Nepal.
Learning Objective: The know-how to lead a multi-level and multi-stakeholder participatory approach to develop and formalise a quality of governance standard.
Video 2 is an instructional video that guides the audience through the seven step process applied by IGES and its partners to develop the forest governance standard for Nepal, and teaches how you may apply this multi-level and multi-stakeholder participatory approach to develop a quality of governance standard in your own work.
These videos are available for use under the terms of the
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International License
For more information on the project, visit: http://www.iges.or.jp/en/natural-resource/
A promotional file is available for download, and the video series is viewable at IGES's YouTube Channel.