IGES Forest Governance e-learning videos series comprises two videos:
1) Nepal’s Community Forests: A story of good governance
2) A Quality Standard for Forest Governance:Demonstrating a practical and participatory approach to develop a Quality-of-Governance Standard
The series examines the importance of good governance for sustainable forest management.
- The story of Nepal’s four decades of community forest management.
- A case study on what constitutes quality forest governance.
- A project to develop a national standard for forest governance in Nepal.
Learning Objective: The know-how to lead a multi-level and multi-stakeholder participatory approach to develop and formalise a quality of governance standard.
Video 1 is a documentary style video that shares the benefits and good practices of Nepal’s four decades of community forest management, which served as a basis for IGES’s bottom-up approach to understanding what comprises quality forest governance.
These videos are available for use under the terms of the
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 International License
For more information on the project, visit: http://www.iges.or.jp/en/natural-resource/
A promotional file is available for download, and the video series is viewable at IGES's YouTube Channel.