Jakarta, Indonesian capital with population of around 7.5 millions (Statistics Jakarta, 2004) is striving with transport and environmental problems. World Bank ranked Jakarta as the third most polluted city, not to mention the serious congestion takes place everyday. The dominating private motorcars including motorcycles is evident. Road public...
- Clear all
- Publication Year: (-) 2007
- Topic: (-) Sustainable Societies
- Region/Country: (-) Southern Africa
- Region/Country: (-) United States Virgin Islands
- Region/Country: (-) Mexico
- Region/Country: (-) Central Asia
- Region/Country: (-) Indonesia
- Region/Country: (-) Malaysia
- Region/Country: (-) Singapore
Results 1 - 2 of 2 (Sorted by date)
In Air Pollution Control in the Transportation Sector: Third Phase Research Report of the Urban Environmental Management Project
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is commonly understood to mean a system that emphasises priority for and rapid movement of buses by securing segregated busways, although there is no precise definition of what constitutes a BRT system (International Energy Agency (IEA) 2002; Wright 2005). From an environmental perspective, BRTs have the potential to reduce...