Informal recycling of electronics in the developing world has emerged as a new global environmental concern. The primary approach to address this problem has been command-and-control policies that ban informal recycling and international trade in electronic scrap. These bans are difficult to enforce and also have negative effects by reducing reuse...
- Clear all
- Publication Year: (-) 2013
- Topic: (-) Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Region/Country: (-) Northern Africa
- Region/Country: (-) South America
- Region/Country: (-) Canada
- Region/Country: (-) Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
- Region/Country: (-) Viet Nam
- Region/Country: (-) Maldives
- Region/Country: (-) Western Europe
- Region/Country: (-) Italy
This report was developed as part of a series of three research publications on the research project led by UNU-IAS and IGES on monitoring and evaluation of education for sustainable development, especially in the Asia-Pacific region. This report specifically focuses on the development of an appropriate framework for structuring the approach on...