The Minamata Convention on Mercury was adopted at the conference held in Kumamoto City and Minamata City in October 2013. The convention aims to protect human health and the environment from anthropogenic emissions/releases of mercury and mercury compounds and stipulates appropriate management and reduction of the emissions through the entire...
- Clear all
- Publication Year: (-) 2019
- Topic: (-) Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Region/Country: (-) Kenya
- Region/Country: (-) South America
- Region/Country: (-) Mongolia
- Region/Country: (-) Philippines
- Region/Country: (-) Bangladesh
- Region/Country: (-) Eastern Europe
- Region/Country: (-) Southern Europe
Home to roughly 1.8 billion people, South Asia generates approximately 334 million tonnes of waste per year of which 174 million tonnes (57%) is organic in content. In addition to the increase in municipal solid waste, managing complex and emerging waste streams, including e-waste, food waste, construction and demolition waste, disaster waste...
This report demonstrates that changes in consumption patterns and dominant lifestyles are a critical and integral part of the solutions package to addressing climate change. The report fills a gap in the existing research by establishing global targets for lifestyle carbon footprints, examining current consumption patterns and their impacts on...