While the initial pieces of evidence indicate that COVID-19 induced economic slowdown and lockdown present short-term benefits to air quality and the environment, these also pose a double-edged challenge in the long-term. On one side, the slowing down of the economy can have an adverse impact on countries’ ongoing efforts towards climate mitigation...
- Clear all
- SDGs: (-) Goal 13. Climate Action
- Topic: (-) International Climate Regime
- Topic: (-) Resilient Livelihoods
- Region/Country: (-) Kenya
- Region/Country: (-) Costa Rica
- Region/Country: (-) Central Asia
- Region/Country: (-) Southern Asia
- Region/Country: (-) Eastern Europe
- Region/Country: (-) Sweden
Results 1 - 3 of 3 (Sorted by date)
Inception Workshop of the Project on Low Carbon and Resilient Urban Food Systems
This presentation outlines the application of the ecological debt index (EDI) concept to assess urban households from the point of urban food systems. The concept is being developed for application in a UNEP 10FYP project being implemented in India in collaboration with the Center for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA). The EDI enables users to assess...
This research report assesses water scarcity and its impacts on smallholder subsistence livelihoods in the context of climate change in Nepal, a mountainous country located entirely within the Ganges River Basin. It identifies and analyses existing coping responses and assesses options for introducing an adaptive response strategy to improve...