IGES Internship Programme
The IGES Internship Programme provides opportunities for graduate students to experience IGES research projects first-hand at the IGES Headquarters in Hayama (Kanagawa) and its offices in Kobe (Hyogo), Kitakyushu (Fukuoka) and IGES Regional Centre in Bangkok (Thailand).
Please see the section entitled “About the Programme” for further details.
IGES Internship for FY2016
Intership Recruitment is now closed.
About the Programme
Eligible candidates will be post-graduate students including those recently graduated and persons currently in employment who
- have a related background and are working on relevant research themes;
- are willing to learn through on-the-job activities at IGES;
- are proficient enough in English for the purposes of oral communication and the writing of documents;
- can participate in the internship programme from 9:30-18:00, five days a week for 2-3 consecutive months;
- have basic PC skills; and
- have an endorsement from their professor(s).
Please note that:
- the interns will not be paid;
- the interns have to cover their own travel expenses to and from the place of the internship;
- the interns are responsible for obtaining insurance to cover their medical expenses;
- when the research intern at HQ cannot commute from his/her current residence to the office, he/she will be able to use the accommodation at IGES headquarters(103KB) if there are vacant rooms (charges for telephone and bed linen change will be at the research intern's own expense);
- applicants will be requested to submit all application documents indicated in the recruiting announcement. They usually consist of a cover letter explaining the intention of the application, curriculum vitae, writing samples, and professor’s endorsement or school credit information;
- Company employees who are studying graduate courses are requested to obtain approval of their employer when they apply for the IGES internship.
Please note that we are not able to respond to specific inquiries on the conditions of the internship applications.
Please refer "Frequently asked questions(58KB)" for any questions that you may have.