IGES Internship Programme
IGES provides internship opportunities for graduate students to experience IGES research projects first-hand at the IGES Headquarters in Hayama (Kanagawa) and its offices in Kobe (Hyogo), Kitakyushu (Fukuoka) and the IGES Regional Centre in Bangkok (Thailand).
Currently available internships
Intership Recruitment is now closed.
Eligibility of IGES internship
- Be studying for a postgraduate degree (location of graduate school does not matter), or have recently obtained a postgraduate degree;
- Be willing to learn from the on-the-job activities at IGES (the internship is not a programme for students to write an individual thesis, but rather an opportunity to experience strategic policy research and operational activities);
- Satisfy the individual criteria outlined in the “Internship Overview” for the research unit with which you would like to spend your internship;
- Be proficient enough in English for the purposes of oral communication and the preparation of written documents and in basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail application);
- Be available for the internship for between one and three months, in principle;
- Be enrolled in health and accident insurance before they can be accepted for the internship;
- Agree with the conditions stipulated in the Agreement template; and
- Have status of residence in Japan allowing them to take up the internship, or be able to enter Japan short-term without a visa (Note that IGES is not able to offer any support for immigration procedures and visa acquisition).
- The interns will not be paid
- The interns have to cover their own travel expenses to and from the place of the internship
- When the research intern at Headquarters cannot commute from his/her current residence to the office, he/she will be able to use the accommodation at IGES Headquarters if there are vacant rooms (charges for telephone and bed linen charge will be at the research intern’s own expenses)
For research interns at Kansai Research Centre, Kitakyushu Urban Centre and Regional Centre in Bangkok, please contact each centre for inquiries regarding accommodation.
- Applicants will be requested to submit all application documents including an application form and internship agreement form. (Forms are available upon request)
Strategic Management Office
E-mail enquiries only: firstname.lastname@example.org