Following Prime Minister Suga's declaration in October last year that "Japan will go carbon neutral by 2050", the private sector and local governments have been accelerating their efforts to decarbonise. Outside of Japan, many countries including the
- Clear all
- Project: (-) IGES Activity on "High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF)"
- Project: (-) UNFCCC COP 特集
- SDGs: (-) Goal 13. Climate Action
- SDGs: (-) Goal 17. Partnerships for the Goals
- Topic: (-) Market Mechanisms
- Topic: (-) Sustainable Societies
- Year: (-) 2019
- Year: (-) 2021
Integrated and Inclusive Approaches to the SDGs in Asia and Globally: Coming Together Around Shared Solutions
This event was divided into two sections on what is needed to take an integrated and inclusive approach to the SDGs. The first section discussed a whole-of-Japan approach to the SDG. The second session offered a more focused discussion.
Towards the Achievement of Decarbonisation in the Region and Localisation of the SDGs: Realisation of Circulating and Ecological Economy in an Inclusive Form
Climate change is one of the most important and pressing issues in the SDGs and strongly linked with other Goals. Our current actions against climate change will have a profound and lasting impact on the future of humanity and the environment.