Established in 1998, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) is an independent think tank
and strategic policy research institute that contributes to sustainable development and environmental
preservation. The Institute’s mission is to achieve a new paradigm for civilization and conduct innovative
policy development and strategic research for environmental measures, reflecting the results of research
into political decisions for realising sustainable development both in the Asia-Pacific region and globally.
IGES works closely with national governments, local authorities, international organisations, research
institutes, businesses, NGOs and local communities on various critical environmental issues including
climate change mitigation and adaptation, forest and biodiversity conservation, water resource
management, sustainable consumption and production, waste management, integrated policies for
sustainable societies and sustainable cities.
Based in Hayama, Japan, the Institute has a special focus on the Asia-Pacific region, with offices in
Bangkok, Beijing, Kansai, Kitakyushu, New Delhi and Tokyo.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit the following to:
regionalcentre-HR@iges.or.jp CC firstname.lastname@example.org
- ● Letter of Motivation explaining why you are interested in the position
- ● Detailed curriculum vitae indicating previous positions, current and expected salary
- ● Three professional referees
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for written test and/or interview
- ● This position is open for Thai national only
- ● This post is Bangkok-based, with frequent international travels to South East Asian countries
- ● Willingness and availability to travel periodically under sometimes adverse conditions.