- Guide to Q&As
Q&As about MRV
National Communication Questions
- Q6. How should we develop national communications and biennial update reports?
- Q7. Are there any standards or guidelines for national communications?
- Q8. Are national communications from non‐Annex I Parties verified or reviewed?
Biennial Update Report Questions
- Q19. Are there any standards or guidelines for biennial update reports?
- Q20. What is the relationship between national communications and biennial update
- Q21. What is the relationship between biennial update reports and nationally appropriate
- Q22. How are biennial update reports verified or reviewed?
- Q23. How are biennial update reports analysed?
- Q24. How is a team of technical experts composed of?
- Q25. What is the training programme for technical analysis?
National GHG Inventory Questions
- Q34. How should we prepare national GHG inventories?
- Q35. How should we verify national GHG inventories?
- Q36. Are there any standards or guidelines for national GHG inventory preparation?
- Q37. Are there any principles for preparing national GHG inventories?
- Q38. What categories and gases should non‐Annex I Parties cover in their national GHG
- Q39. How should we estimate national‐level GHG emissions and removals?
- Q40. Are the national GHG inventories submitted by non‐Annex I Parties reviewed?
- Q41. Are there different levels of estimation methods?
- Q42. What should we do if it is not possible to estimate all emission sources and removal sinks?
Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action Questions
- Q52. How should we implement MRV of NAMAs?
- Q53. Are there any standards or guidelines for MRV of NAMAs?
- Q54. How can NAMAs be reported in BURs?
- Q55. How Is verification conducted in the context of MRV for NAMAs?
City-scale GHG Inventory Questions
- Q68. How to develop a city‐scale GHG inventory?
- Q69. Is there any standard methodology for developing and reporting city‐scale GHG
- Q70. Is there any standard template for reporting city GHG inventories?
- Q71. Are cities required to disclose their GHG inventory data?
- Q72. How to report in‐boundary and trans‐boundary emissions?
- Q73. What should a city do if not able to account for all emission sources?
- Q74. Where to find calculation tools and training resources?
Clean Development Mechanism Questions
- Q84. How is the CDM monitored and reported?
- Q85. How is the CDM verified?
- Q86. Are there any standards or guidelines for MRV in the CDM?
- Q87. Is MRV different across sectors?
Joint Crediting Mechanism Questions
Go to top of page