- Guide to Q&As
Q&As about MRV
National Communication Questions
- Q1. What are national communications?
- Q2. Why do national communications need to be prepared?
- Q3. How frequently should national communications be prepared?
- Q4. What information is included in national communications?
- Q5. What is the status of submission of national communications by non-Annex I Parties?
Biennial Update Report Questions
- Q13. What are biennial update reports?
- Q14. Why do biennial update reports need to be prepared?
- Q15. How frequently should biennial update reports be prepared?
- Q16. What information is included in the biennial update reports?
- Q17. What is the status of the submission of biennial update reports by non‐Annex I Parties?
National GHG Inventory Questions
- Q30. What is a national GHG inventory?
- Q31. Why prepare a national GHG inventory?
- Q33. How frequently should national GHG inventories be prepared?
Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action Questions
- Q47. What are NAMAs?
- Q48. What is MRV for NAMAs?
- Q49. Why does MRV for NAMAs need to be conducted?
- Q50. How frequently should MRV of NAMAs be conduced?
- Q51. What is the difference of MRV for internationally and domestically supported NAMAs?
City-scale GHG Inventory Questions
- Q59. What is a city‐scale GHG inventory?
- Q60. Why developing GHG inventories for cities?
- Q61. What is the role of GHG inventories in goal setting and performance tracking?
- Q62. How frequent should cities develop GHG inventories?
- Q63. What are the differences between national and city inventories?
- Q64. How long does it normally take to complete an inventory?
- Q65. What are the differences between city GHG inventories and mitigation actions GHG
- Q66. How many cities use the GPC?
- Q67. Can the GPC be used for other sub‐national entities?
Clean Development Mechanism Questions
- Q78. What is MRV for the CDM?
- Q79. Why is MRV needed for the CDM?
- Q80. How frequently should MRV of the CDM be conducted?
- Q81. How long does it take to do MRV for the CDM?
- Q82. How much does it cost to conduct MRV for the CDM?
- Q83. How many project activities have finished the MRV process for the CDM?
Joint Crediting Mechanism Questions
- Q93. What is the JCM?
- Q94. What is the scheme for the JCM?
- Q95. What is the current status of the JCM?
- Q96. What is the MRV for the JCM?
- Q97. Why is MRV needed for the JCM?
- Q98. How is the MRV simplified in the JCM?
- Q99. How many JCM methodologies are approved?
- Q100. How many JCM projects are registered?
- Q101. What is the difference between the CDM and the JCM in terms of MRV?
- Q102. What is the relationship between the JCM and Japan’s INDC?
Go to top of page