The Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) and UNU Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS) will co-host
The 5th International Forum for Sustainable Asia and the Pacific【ISAP2013】
24 June 2013
Paving the Way for a Sustainable Asia-Pacific: Regional Perspectives on Green Economy
|Venue||PACIFICO YOKOHAMA, Conference Center 5F
1-1-1 Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama 220-0012, Japan
|Date||Tuesday and Wednesday, 23 to 24 July 2013|
|Organisers||Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS)
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP),
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
|Language||English /Japanese (simultaneous interpretation)|
(Registration starts on 24 June)
As a region of rapid growth that is leading the global economy, there is urgent need for Asia and the Pacific to shift from a traditional twentieth century industrial development “Brown Economy” model to a “Green Economy” underpinned by low-carbon development, resource-efficiency and well-being for all.
ISAP2013 will showcase advanced and concrete examples of a Green Economy and will feature lively discussions with diverse stakeholders. Major session topics will include “3Rs and Improved Resource Efficiency in Asia and the Pacific“, “Towards Achieving the Two Degree Target”, and “Potential of City-to City Cooperation for Low-Carbon City Development in Asia”. Other key topics to be discussed include sustainability concepts in business practices, local initiatives for low-carbon cities and emerging networks of researchers for low-carbon development.
- Prof. Dr. Raimund Bleischwitz, Co-Director, Material Flows and Resource Management, Wuppertal Institute, Germany
- Dr. Jiang Kejung, Director, Energy Research institute (ERI), China
- Dr. Rajendra K. Pachauri, Chair, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Prof. Kazuhiro Ueta, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies & Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University
- Mr. George Varughese, President, Development Alternatives
ISAP2013 in Yokohama will help pave the way for the sustainable development of the Asia and the Pacific region, ensuring its transformation to a Green Economy and sustainable society.
- At the same time as ISAP2013, the following events will be arranged by IGES at PACIFICO YOKOHAMA.
- 22 - 23 July, 2013 International Research Network for Low Carbon Societies (LCS-RNet) Fifth Annual Meeting （English only）
- 24 - 25 July, 2013 Low Carbon Asia Research Network (LoCARNet) Second Annual Meeting（24 July, English/Japanese、25 July, English only）
Programme and details: http://lcs-rnet.org/