Climate and Energy
UNFCCC COP19 IGES Event：
Introduction of MOEJ’s Activity on the Joint Crediting Mechanism (JCM)
- JCM Capacity Building Activity in Asia -
This event introduced capacity building activities in Asia, and was co-organised by the Ministry of the Environment, Japan and IGES. During the session, representatives from Bangladesh, Mongolia, Lao PDR and Viet Nam provide reports on good practices of current activities and held active discussions on the way forward.
At the beginning of the side event, Dr. Tamura made some welcoming remarks to all of the panelists and participants, and explained the purpose of the event. Mr. Kuriyama introduced overviews of IGES capacity building activities on the JCM as well as the CDM. He also provided three discussion points: development of methodology; project identification, and training on potential third party entities.
The panelists spoke about the experience of IGES capacity building and provided comments on the JCM such as how to simplify the methodology and registration process, as well as discussing the development of reference scenario and default values.
Date 12 November 2013 Venue Japan Pavillion (Warsaw Poland) Organiser Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES)
Agenda / Presentation Material
15:00 – 15:05 Opening remarks
Kentaro Tamura, Principal Policy Researcher, IGES
15:05 – 15:15 • Lessons learned from JCM capacity building (CB)
• Highlights of discussion points
Akihisa Kuriyama, Assistant Researcher, IGES
PDF (988KB) 15:15 – 15:50 Panel Discussion Moderator : Kentaro Tamura, Principal Policy Researcher, IGES Panelists:
- Partner countries:
- - Ziaul Haque, Deputy Director of the Department of Environment and Forests, Ministry of Environmental and Forest, Bangladesh
- - Tsendsuren Batsuuri, Head of the CDM National Bureau, Climate Change Coordination Office, Ministry of Environment and Green Development, Mongolia
- - Syamphone Sengchandala, Director of the Division of Management and Coordination, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Lao PDR
- -Tran Thi Minh Ha, Director General of the International Cooperation Department of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of Vietnam
- Supporting organisations :
- - Osamu Bannai, Programme Officer, Global Environmental Centre Foundation, Japan
- - Jiro Ogahara, Researcher, Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan
15:50 – 16:00 Q & A